All Along The Watchtower

films . videos . television

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Surface




The season finale of Surface aired Monday night. Since this show was originally planned to end before the Olympics, that's not necessarily a bad sign. Even though I think I'm probably the only person in Nashville (except my husband) who watched it, I have to say that it deserves a second season.

It's been a long time since there's been seriously good cheesy sci-fi on television. We have earnest Sci-fi (BSG), wannabe Sci-fi (Lost) and Sci-Fi Lite (Invasion). All of those shows are good, but use their fantastical elements to underscore human drama.

Surface doesn't give a rat's butt. It's got lizards and gorillas and clones and the cheesy goodness that belongs at the heart of American Science Fiction.

I hope they bring it back.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

I've heard the ratings aren't good...that could be the kiss of death.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home