All Along The Watchtower

films . videos . television

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

House recap

House is the only new show I watch right now, and I absolutely love it. Every episode is like a little mystery. And then there's Hugh Laurie, Jesse Spencer, and Robert Sean Leonard. *pauses for happy sigh*

A few observations [SPOILERS]:

- I'm glad they didn't gloss over the fact that House and Stacy are committing adultery. Do I like the idea of the two of them together? Yes, but it's still wrong. Didn't stop me from hyperventilating when House's phone rang and he was in bed with Stacy, though. Oh, and how weird was it for Wilson to be Mr. Conscience for both of them. He's one to talk, Mr. I've-had-three-wives-and-cheated-on-them-all.

- Speaking of Wilson, GREAT Wilson stuff this week. I really love all of the interconnected relationships on this show.

- Good duckling stuff this episode, especially Foreman. Loved the way he dealt with the Patient of the Week.

- Patient of the Week guest star. Man, I love Julie Warner. She was in one of my favorite movies, Indian Summer. She was really great here.

- This was kind of strange episode, in that there was much more personal stuff going on than patient stuff. It was all great, though, and I loved the betting on Cameron's AIDS test.

- So, okay, Cuddy was TOTALLY jealous that Stacy slept with House. Love that Stacy impression - "and though his cane makes me melt..."

- There was a Fanning in this episode. I tried to ignore it, since I make no secret of the fact that I can't stand her older sister, Dakota (I mean, are there no OTHER child actors out there?!). But she started talking to old for her age, and I couldn't help the hate.

- Yeah, it's mean of me, but as soon as I saw Mark wheeling toward House, I could only think of one thing - CRIPPLE FIGHT! Excuse me, I have to go tell some Helen Keller jokes now.

- Yeah, Hugh Laurie is always awesome, but particularly so this episode. PWNing Chase, crooning, telling Cameron he loves her so that he can get a sample for her AIDS test, and finally doing the noble thing with Stacy. And he referenced the "bring home the bacon" song! I love you, Greg House!!!!!

- And, as always, great funneh dialogue:

"Ooooh, snarky!"

"I know you're in there! I can hear you caring!"

"Hoo hoo" "He went to Hopkins."

"Harsh toke, dude!"


*sigh* I love this show to distraction.

6 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Kat Coble said...

I had the hugest crush on Hugh Laurie back in Blackadder III. You have to see it, if you haven't already.

So, in your estimation is House better than Supernatural? I think that's what I've been grabbing instead of House.

That's the one drawback to TiVo...you never remember when anything is actually ON, and you miss stuff that is *(^&&*^^*&^ed up by your season passes.

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger P. K. Nail said...

No idea about Supernatural. House is literally the only weekly thing I regularly watch.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Mycroft--the good thing with House is that it's Fox's hot show of the moment and they re-run it ALOT! So, you can catch up on it pretty much at any point.

And I am sort of annoyed that House is a huge hit...cause if had been cancelled, Hugh Laurie would be an excellent Doctor on Doctor Who.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger John said...

Earlier seasons of "House" are now being run on USA as well.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Kat Coble said...

It sounds like it's rare for this show to be NOT on...

I wonder what the problem is with the Coble TiVo Programming, because it should be picking up the show whenever it airs if it doesn't catch the original time slot.

Looks like I'm doing some investigating.

We liked the first season a lot, but haven't seen any of the subsequent shows.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Sarcastro said...

On behalf of the Tivo-less, let me just say "Damn you network programmers all to hell!" (Pounds sand under half-sunken Statue of Liberty).

Watching an excellent show like House makes me miss most of Scrubs. Don't they know that two quality medical shows on at the same time brings only misery and shame?
Look what happened when ER was up against Chicago Hope! Ok, maybe that's a bad example...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home