All Along The Watchtower

films . videos . television

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Robot Chicken

I posted earlier that I enjoy SNL, but perhaps the most overlooked and under-appreciated sketch comedy on television is in a place where you'd least expect it -- Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim" programming block. "Robot Chicken" is 15 minutes of weekly stop-motion satire, co-created and co-produced by actor Seth Green. Green often gets celebrities to supply the voices for their own parodies; tonight's episode featured "That 00's Show" featuring the voices of pretty much the entire cast of "That 70s Show," and then got Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise (!) to supply voices for a sort of Cannonball Run parody which pitted various pop culture vehicles against each other in a race -- the (1960s) Batmobile, Knight Rider, Speed Racer, CHiPs, the General Lee and so on.

One nice thing about this show is that it combines extended sketches with little sight gags lasting only five seconds or so.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger Kat Coble said...

That's one of the drawbacks to having a TiVo...I realise that I'm long out of the "tv surfing" days. I miss alot of junk, but I also don't hear about new and cool stuff in any kind of organic way. Things like this that you'd hear about in interstitials just get bedooped.

At least now that I know about it I can add it to the To-Do List. ;-p

It sounds quite cool, actually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home