All Along The Watchtower

films . videos . television

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The return of Babylon Five

This news should make fellow B5 junkee, Kat Coble extremely happy.

Rumors are circulating from the ComicCon Babylon Five panel that the universe that is Babylon Five will return in series form. The series will be done as direct to DVD anthologies. Here's some details from Ain't It Cool News about the series.

So I thought about it, and I suggested a bunch of short films. Little mini-movies or an anthology show set in the Babylon 5 universe. I pick a character and develop an hour-long story around that character. Stories that I wanted to tell during the B5 series but never had the chance to develop. They said, Okay. I said I wanted complete creative control. Do not change my words that I write, and I want that in writing. They said, Okay. And I want to direct. They said, Okay.

This project was green lit less than two weeks ago. Its going to happen. Production starts in September in Vancouver, Canada. Post-production will occur from October to February with a release of the first three anthologies in the second quarter of 2007.

Also, reading the article, JMS is apparently suddenly a big commodity in Hollywood again. He's got a lot on his plate from the new B5 to writing for Marvel's flagship The Amazing Spider-Man to a new script that is to be directed by Ron Howard.

But let's face it--the exciting news is that B5 could be back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home