All Along The Watchtower

films . videos . television

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

If I Ran TiVo

The folks at TiVo are playing into my hands. Our latest software upgrade features scrabble-like games, tetris-like games and a Yahoo! (ho-hum) browser. All of this is nice, especially the "wordsmith" game, which is the closest thing I've yet seen to crack offered via television. (Excepting Television itself, of course.)

But you know what I'd do if I ran TiVo? Aside from making all of my TiVo'd shows available to watch on my iPod, that is.

I would have an inboard link to the Internet Movie Database. It's a no-brainer. I think I've said this before, but it bears repeating. The math geniuses at MIT, Cornell and CERN will come up with an exact expression of Pi one day. It will have fewer digits than the number of times I've watched a TiVo'd program and said "what else have I seen that guy in?!" My number one form of exercise right now consists of Googlates--the act of going up and down two flights of stairs to check the credits for obscure character acters in "Law and Order" and really long WWII movies. It's a sad state of affairs that could be so easily rectified.

I beg you, powers that Be. Please add the IMDb. And while you're at it, cancel the tetris-like game. Tim hogs my Wordsmith time now.

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Wordsmith (to which my wife and I also developed an addiction), I wanted to let you know that I recently wrote a Wordsmith-inspired game for Windows, Mac, Linux, etc., and for the iPhone.

I hope that you check these out and let me know if you have suggestions for improvements.

Word Up! Game for computers
Word Up! Game for iPhone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home