All Along The Watchtower

films . videos . television

Thursday, March 09, 2006

An end and a beginning

As I've stated at least 1700 times this week, Battlestar Galactica wraps up the second season tomorrow night at 9 p.m. CST with the big 90-minute season finale.

But as one show ends, two other favorites begin.

I'd be a bad TV fan if I didn't point out that I'm pretty jazzed for the return of The Sopranoes Sunday evening. It's been far too long since we checked in with Tony and the gang. I hope I can remember all the plot threads that are running....

I have to admit, Tony Soprano ranks right up there with Vic Mackey as the two best anti-heroes on television. The Sopranoes starts up Sunday at 8 p.m. CST. (And if re-aired 17 times during the week..but seriously, skip that Wisteria Lane show. The Sopranoes is better!)

And in just over a week, the greatest television show to EVER grace the airwaves makes its American debut. Yes, Doctor Who returns with a 2-hour kick off, featuring the first two episodes of the new series. I have to admit, I was pretty excited to browse the TV Guide On-Line listings and find Doctor Who listed again. I can't tell you how cool that is.

I know it's St Patrick's Day, but I beg you to give the new Doctor Who a chance. I only ask for 11 weeks of your life to watch the greatest show to EVER exist. I've seen the episodes but I'll be watching again. Tune in with me!

Doctor Who airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on SciFi starting March 17th.

2 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Have you seen this Doctor already? Does it have any sense of humour at all?

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Have I seen this Doctor already?

Not only have I seen it, I saw the leaked copy of the premire episode three weeks before it aired in the UK.

And yes, the series does have a sense of humor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home