All Along The Watchtower

films . videos . television

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Battlestar Galactica Season Finale Hints

In his latest podcast/commentary on "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1," series producer Ron Moore dropped some hints about this week's 90-minute season finale of Battlestar Galactica.

Moore was joined on the podcast by his wife, who stated she hated the story for about two weeks after she saw it and that it does change things significantly for sesaon three. (She admits that the more she thought about it, the more she liked it and is now on the side of being positive about where the storylines are going)

I have to admit, this has me curious and anticipating the season finale that much more. There was nothing specific given away or clues dropped as Moore has done in previous podcast (such as giving away that Lee would be promoted to Major about three weeks before it happened on screen).

But it does fuel the intense speculation and debate about where Galactica could be headed. And it makes me wonder even more--does Ron Moore have the guts to have Baltar will the election and retain the presidency beyond an episode or two?

In related news: Peter David has just completed a Battlestar novel that will be published this summer. Let me just say--yay!

4 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Any word on when Season 3 begins airing? (Yes, I'm that impatient...)

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

June after the run of Dr Who

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger W said...

How do you feel about the original series? It would be fun to see a post comparing the two. I may do it myself if I get around to it.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

I've got the original on DVD...I got it for $30 at the flea market.

I like the original series for the nostalgia value. It's a fun memory from childhood.

The new series leaves it in the dust.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home