All Along The Watchtower

films . videos . television

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Get Smart movie news

A Get Smart movie? Why am I only just now hearing about this?

Seems that Steve Carrell will be taking over the part made famous by Don Adams in the big-screen version of Get Smart. Variety reports that Anne Hathaway will take over the role of 99, as played by Barbara Feldon.

Now, I know the current rage in Hollywood is to make big-screen adaptations of beloved TV shows. And while I can see that Carrell could be good in the role of Maxwell Smart, I'm still not convinced that this movie will hold a candle to the original series.

So, will it be like The Fugitive or will it be another Beverly Hillbillies?

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

I think it will be somewhere in the middle....assuming the don't take the original goofy concept and try to make it all serious (a la...um...the only example I can think of is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but I loved that one). With the casting of Carrell, I doubt they're taking that route.

Doesn't seem like it could be a miss. Peter Segal has Tommy Boy and a Naked Gun installment under his belt, so it sounds promising.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home