All Along The Watchtower

films . videos . television

Thursday, November 09, 2006

celebrity jeopardy time

So, it's night 2 of Celebrity Jeopardy, which they are running for 2 weeks (I think) in honor of their 5,000th episode. I have to say, I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Now that I've seen it twice, I can't figure out why. I'm still eagerly tuning in each night, but while I watch it's mostly just cringey and generally uncomfortable.
In general celebrities are best scripted, or in the case of folks like pro-athletes, silent. Some may be quite knowledgeable about many things, but those that are just emphasize how, umm..., unskilled in Jeopardy-related activity everyone else is. And the questions are clearly dumbed down, and the judges let anything fly. Tonight they gave Doug Savant "Charlie tuna" for "Starkist." Com'on now.
Even still, I'll keep watching and wincing, enthusiastically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home