All Along The Watchtower

films . videos . television

Monday, November 27, 2006

ABC Does It Again OR How 'Lost' Kills Everything Around It

Well, I should know better.

Repeat after me: I will not become interested in intelligent, well-written drama with good characters and story.

This weekend ABC announced that The Nine is disappearing from it's Wednesday night schedule.

That's such a shame, considering that of the new fall dramas, The Nine was the most consistantly well-written. Only Ugly Betty (which I consider to be more of a comedy) has a stronger script and cast.

ABC has complained about The Nine not holding the lead-in from Lost. Personally I blame that more on Lost. How many of us tune in consistantly to find out the new mystery, stay glued to the TV to those 'final five minutes YOU WON'T BELIEVE/EVERYONE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT/BEST LOST EVER!!!!!' only to turn off the TV in disgust at yet another weak non-answer?

Personally I've been TiVo'ing The Nine and watching it a couple of days later. I did the same thing last year with Invasion. Sadly, Lost has become so frustrating that it kills my interest in ABC's followup programming. I usually need a few days to get the taste of Jack out of my mouth.

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Shock of shocks...I disagree with Kat.

I just don't think ABC really knows how to post-program Lost. I really think the show needs to run at 9 p.m. CST and end the night. After watching and enjoying Lost, I'm not prepared to switch gears to another dense, mythology driven show like Invasion or The Nine. I think ABC would be wise to put something more palate cleansing after Lost, should they continue to air it at 8 p.m. CST.

I did give The Nine a chance, and while I found the flashbacks compelling, the storylines unfolding since they were released from the bank...yeah, not so much. I honestly think this would have been a better idea for a mini-series than a TV show.

And just so you know--Jack is one of my favorite Lost character.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home