All Along The Watchtower

films . videos . television

Friday, September 22, 2006

First big Thursday showdown of the year

So, last night was the first big showdown of the fall season with a lot of heavy-weight shows facing off against each other. I will be interested to see where the ratings fall for each show and will post that as soon as I see it on-line.

So, I want to ask--did you watch any of the shows airing last night? If so, which ones and how did you choose?

Personally, I watched only stuff from the 7 p.m. CST hour, opting for the one-two punch of My Name is Earl and The Office and the reality "social experiment" that is Survivor.

The NBC comedy block was great with both shows delivering fine installments. Earl was a riot, but The Office edged it out as the best show of the night.

Survivor was...well, it was Survivor. Apart from the shock of Billy professing his love at first sight for Candice and Jeff Probst being stunned, there wasn't much else really interesting about it. Well, except that one guy has the secret immunity idol. But since that turned out to be such a dud of a strategy point last year, I'm not holding my breath.

OK, so those of you who watched CSI, Grey's Anatomy or any of the other shows that started up....any thoughts? Was Grey's worth the wait? Has CSI jumped the shark? Will ER ever be worth my valuable time again? And did anyone watch that new J.J. Abrams show, Six Degrees?










































3 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Kat Coble said...

I dunno. In my mind Grey's and The Office were right up there together. Yes, GA was totally worth the wait.

I haven't watched my CSI tiVo yet, so I can't tell you.

As for ER, haven't watched it in a year.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

I've not watched Grey's and honestly...I'm not sure I can add it to my planned viewing for fall...what with BSG and Who being on Friday's starting next week.

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Sx Degrees ...it has potential, but, it was a little confusing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home